No.1 Better Quality Repair
Glue Pulling Repair is better for the car and your customer, your shop, and your technicians.
- A glue pulling repair (GPR) process is less damaging to the original factory materials.
- The GPR approach of repair is to introduce no further damage to the vehicle.
- Repairs are performed on the visible side of a panel; maintaining factory external and internal coatings, safety materials, and structure.
- A glue pulling repair can in many cases eliminate the need for grinding or welding: studs or wiggle wire damaging coatings and factory materials. With GPR there is virtually no opportunity to introduce ‘corrosion’.
- Corrosion is a major concern for body shop owners and manufacturers, not only damaging to the car but can really damage a body shop’s reputation, a customer relationship and the bottom line with repair ‘comebacks’ / returns costly problems.
No.2 More Efficient
- Experienced body technicians can learn GPR techniques very quickly, within a one-day training program technicians can see results immediately.
- A GPR repair starts immediately not sanding down to start, the process begins by reducing the size of the damage.
- Keco’s 6C process makes GPR repeatable with successful results every time.
- With time and practice; technicians' speed, efficiency really impacts cycle times; this efficiency is great for your customer’s experience, reputation, and profits.
- The process GPR reduces the impact of both R&R and R&I within shops. Many complex panel damage which would traditionally be removed and replaced can be saved with GPR.
No.3 Increase Profitability
- GPR repairs start immediately, preparation is minimal.
- The process of GPR is to continually reduce the size of damage; the cost of consumables is greatly reduced.
- Many body shops and insurance estimate CCC systems to calculate repairs on the damage size; including consumables such as paint, primer, and coatings. The GPR process reduces the amounts of consumables required, directly increasing the profit margin per job; and can save thousands of dollars in consumables per year.
- The potential increase in profit margin is also impacted; by the damage itself, the location, size, and depth of the damage - as well as the skill level of the technician as they continually master the art of GPR.
- Keco’s products and tools can complete an entire repair on any vehicle, from roughing out to the final flat finish state.
- As technicians become skilled in GPR, the ratio of labor required per repair can have a significant impact on cycle times and profitability.
- Keco’s GPR system and tools work with all metals steel, high strength steel including aluminium; reducing the need for expensive high-powered single-use equipment.
- GPR reduces the requirement for R&I, which is normally a non-profit component of a body shop’s repair billing.
No.4 Future Proofing
- Keco’s GPR system, process, and tools are purposefully designed to be a complete repair system. With a fully trained technician, many repairs will require no additional materials or tooling.
- The system is designed to build upon the skill level of the technician, thus future-proofing your business.
- Unlike welding processes GPR is essentially a cold repair process; even though hot glues are used they are generally below 150 degrees limiting any serious injury.
- The GPR process tr
- Alcohol is used for cleaning purposes; however, the amounts used vaporise within seconds.
- Given GPR can reduce the need for complete R&R or R&I; OEM safety features of a customer car stays intact and operating as factory fitted.
- Electrical safety concerns
No.6 Recognition and Accreditation
- Some OME repair guidelines now No welding on OEM repair
- Rivian “100 percent” would like glue pulling to be a “specified repair method”
No.7 Support and Training
- Keco On-Site Training is available.
- Keco training events and virtual training are available.
- Free Online GPR Training http://pulltopaint.com.au
- Free Virtual Training is offered by Keco.
- Online Dent King - https://thedingking.com/master-glue-pulling-online-course/
- iCar offers introductory courses in GPR - https://www.i-car.com/s/product-detail?productId=a1R1I000001wOwIUAU
- I-Car Glue Pull Repair Demo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT7R3ru8zh4